Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Book List - Updated

1. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society – Mary Ann Sheffer
Read and really liked. It was a quick and easy read.
2. The Unnamed – Joshua Ferris
Tried to read and I hated it.
3. Run – Ann Patchett
This was a really good book. Not much else to say about it.
4. Mennonite in a Little Black Dress: A Memoir of Going Home – Rhoda Janzen
Hate. I can't say enough times how much I hated it. I like the reviews and discussions here -
http://100memoirs.wordpress.com/2010/03/18/laughing-out-loud-mennonite-in-a-little-black-dress/
5. The Lacuna – Barbara Kingsolver
I could probably write about this book a lot. You have to pay attention to every single word. It is a beautiful story of an American boy who grows up in Mexico. There are so many themes and stories - communism, his friendship with Frida Kahlo, WWII, etc.
6. The Year of Living Biblically: One Man’s Humble Quest to Follow the Bible as Literally as Possible – AJ Jacobs
I'm reading this book now and so far I love it. It is very interesting and funny.
7. Last Night in Twisted River – John Irving
Oh how I love John Irving. Here is the best line from this amazing story -
"We don't always have a choice how we get to know one another. Sometimes, people fall into our lives cleanly--as if out of the sky, or as if there were a direct flight from Heaven to Earth--the same sudden way we lose people, who once seemed they would always be part of our lives"
8. Bite Me: A Love Story by Christopher Moore
9. You Suck: A Love Story by Christopher Moore
10. A Dirty Job by Christopher Moore

And because I know most people really only want to see Ian, here are a few pictures of that guy -




No comments:

Search This Blog