Monday, July 2, 2007

Greeley Stampede



On Friday night the Blough and Simpson families went to the Greeley Stampede. We started by watching the bareback rodeo thing - that was fun. Don't ask me about the roping competitions, I'm still scarred by the sight of those little baby cows or steers or whatever. Trauma. But the food, oh the glorious food! I had an Indian taco (fry bread with taco stuff on top), John had a steak on a stick, my Dad had a chili dog, Brooke fries, and Rhoda a burger. Then the REAL thrill - Funnel Cake!! That was the best thing. The bull riding was a bust - only three of the guys could even stay on the bull for 8 seconds. Then there was the motocross tricksters. They did flips and other stupid tricks on their bikes. I say stupid because who but a stupid person would launch themselves through the air on a bike and do tricks?? Brooke was looking for cowboys to date. I don't know how successful she was. We had a great time. It was a Colorado highlight for me. If you are planning in coming and paying us a visit do it around this time and we'll take you to the Stampede. The website is http://www.greeleystampede.org/

No comments:

Search This Blog