Monday, July 23, 2007

More from LV - Death Valley





We got up at 2:15 AM and left our hotel to drive out to Death Valley. It is about an hour and a half drive. (I don't remember it because I slept the whole way there and back!) The average temp for Death Valley in July is 115'. When we got there we saw the sunrise, and as the pictures show it was amazing. The second picture is at badwater basin. There is salty water in the basin of Death Valley. That is actually the lowest point in the 48 states, you can sort of see in the picture a little white sign. That sign says, Sea Level. We left Death Valley around 9 o'clock. It was already really hot. The final picture is on the drive home, John stopped the car periodically (while I was sleeping) and got some nice pictures of the scenery and plants. I thought Death Valley would be as terrible as the name sounds, but it was actually one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. I would recommend seeing the sunrise there some morning. Here's a link to the web-site so you can check it out.
http://www.nps.gov/deva/

No comments:

Search This Blog